Support the SHAC, an endeavor of The Village Fine Arts Association
Please donate below. We all need art and creative expression more than ever. That’s why we “COVID-improvise” to bring art to you, any way we can.
Life changed when Quarantine closed the SHAC on March 20. What did we do? We got busy, to bring art opportunities to you. Read more.
- In March, 75 Artworks and their poems of our 28th Annual Poetry Art Night Exhibition (closed in at the SHAC for the duration of quarantine) moved online too,
- The VFAA and SHAC got new websites (more coming soon!),
- The SHAC re-opened June 15,
- 16 artist displayed 41 artworks they did during Quarantine in our July-August, “Art in the Time of COVID” Exhibition,
- 67 of our neighbors and friends painted how they felt about 2020 in our Summer public art project,
- June through September, we held meetings in Central Park, with Guest Speakers,
- Our instructors have held 35 in-person classes and offered 23 art kits since June 15,
- Some of our instructors moved online, giving freely of their skills, (like Tammy Ovall, Mary Bajcz and this guided painting by Stephanie Spackman),
- The SHAC moved uptown in tents for a weekend of Milford Sidewalk Sales (the heart of Milford Memories beat gently that weekend),
- Learning Hubs started in September, giving ages 5-13, day-long childcare, tutoring and creative enhancement to families thrown into virtual learning,
- The VFAA was awarded a 2021 Operational Support Grant of $15,000 from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment of the Arts,
- 26 artists painted outdoors around Huron Valley in FRESH! Plein Air Milford (see the winners here),
- FRESH! Plein Air celebrated online on Facebook, with full catalog and sales also online (check it out here. If you like anything, let us know and we’ll see if it’s still available!),
- The VFAA held a Road Rally fundraiser around Huron Valley, engaging 31 local businesses,
- Graciously, River’s Edge Brewing Co. made us their October Feel Good Tap nonprofit recipient,
- Sadly, the SHAC closed due to MDHHS Stay-at-Home orders of November 18. (Just when watercolor class was starting again!),
- The SHAC twinkled in a little wonderland during the November 28th Twinkle Tour, Milford’s 2020 drive-by version of the Holiday Parade. It was great seeing Santa greet drive-bys from our next door neighbor, LaFontaine Classic Cars.
- We reopened for retail, Tuesday, December 2. Our Gift shop is open. (December hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Thursday and Friday evenings, 5:00 – 8:00 pm.)
- Our Gifts of Art Holiday Exhibition and Sale is on at the SHAC now, through January 6
- Staff is putting together the 2021 Gallery Exhibition calendar
- We are hold small, socially-distant classes and Wednesday Learning Hubs in January and winter term.
Give to the SHAC
Help us keep this going. Give anything you can, today. Your donation is directly deducted from your adjusted gross income for 2021 Federal Taxes, even if you don’t itemize. More below.
We depend on our community for support. Your donations, volunteer time, and participation keep this non-profit strong. Thank you always for your support! The VFAA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization since 1992 and your donation is tax deductible. Thanks to the new 2020 CARES Act, your donation gives great, new tax benefits. The government is reimbursing you to donate to us.