Explore Acrylic Paints
- Large multi-media pad (18X24) with multiple pages
- Acrylic paints
- Selection of brushes
Oil Painting from Life
- Easel and setup for outdoor painting
- Palette or palette paper
- Canvas, canvas board or panel
- Brushes and palette knife
- Gamsol or odorless thinner
- Paper towels or rags
- Oil paint: titanium white, cadmium yellow, cadmium red, ultramarine blue
- Optional colors: yellow ochre, alizarin crimson, purple, veridian, transparent red iron oxide
Painting with Pastels
- Reference photo to work from.
- One piece of foam core (drawing board)
- One set of NuPastels (a “hard” soft pastel version)
- One set of soft Rembrandt Pastels
- One 19” x 25” sheet of Canson Mi-Tientes gray paper
- Kneaded eraser
- Watercolor paints
- Watercolor paper pad (at least 16×20 inches in size)
- Range of watercolor brushes
- Pencil and eraser
The Full Spectrum of Colored Pencils
- Paper: Strathmore Colored Pencil Paper or Strathmore Bristol Vellum Surface or Canson Bristol Vellum Surface. 8 x 10 or larger. Not sketch or drawing paper. Note: paper quality is very important!
- 1 sheet of NON WAX transfer paper. Saral is a good brand.
- 1 set Prismacolor (or your favorite brand) pencils. At least 72 colors, including a set of grays (6 shades)
- 1 White Pentel click eraser
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 brush – a cheap bench brush, big paint brush or gesso brush.
- Optional: White artist tape, typing style erasers, fine point art knife (#1 or 2 size handle with fine point blade)
- Optional: a piece of art in progress or finished, that you would like to work on or would like help with. Magazines, books or photo reference you would like to recreate.
- Bring anything else you are comfortable using!
Creative Self Care and Creative Teen Self Care
Please bring to class a Spiral bound visual journal with heavyweight paper for watercolors and multlimedia paper. 8 1/2 x 11 or larger.
You can get this locally at Main Street Art in Milford. Here it is on their website. https://mainstreetartmilford.com/products/canson-m…
For all other materials, a $5 material fee is part of your tuition.
Note: the SHAC has a limited amount of supplies for students to borrow or purchase — please ask us for help.